| Retirement Quesitons
1. I want to retire early-And I want to work again during
retirement, but I don't want to screw up my social security
benefit payments-What do I do?
2. Can I pull money out of my IRA without hurting my social
security retirement benefits?
3. I had two careers-can I collect pensions from both of them
and still collect social security income?
4. How much money can I make after full retirement-and not be
penalized on my social security payments?
5. Can I work full time without losing my monthly retirement
6. I'm almost 62 years old. Do I have to wait until I'm 65 to
7. What if I don't live in the USA. I want to retire and live in
France. How do I go about getting social security sent to me
8. I am self-employed, do I need to do anything special before I
apply for social security?
9. Can I get my benefits retroactive? Or do I need to apply NOW?
10. Will I be taxed on my social security income?
11. How much money can I make before I am penalized on my social
12. I've never worked full time. I've only worked part time. Can
I still collect SSI?
13. I want to retire soon. I have two minor children. Ages 11
14. Can I collect MORE money because I have these kids to care
15. I already get Social Security benefits. But I have a
debilitating medical problem. Can I also get Disability Benefits
16. I've worked for 30 years. But I won't be 60 years old for
another 4 years. If I retire now, can I still get disability
benefits if I need them?
17. I applied for disability benefits. I really am disabled. But
I was denied. How can I appeal the denial? What is the best way
to approach this?
18. I get payments from a private disability insurance policy.
When I turn 65 can I get Government disability payments too,
without being penalized?
19. Can I get Social Security benefits and worker's compensation
at the same time?
20. I'm thinking of getting a divorce. I have a medical
condition that prevents me from working. If I get assistance
from my ex-spouse, will that effect my Social Security payments?
21. My mother is very, very sick. She has cancer and diabetes.
We were turned down by Social Security when we applied for
disability for her. Is there any way we can get an attorney and
sue for what is right?
22. Due to an injury, I can only work part time. Can I get
partial or supplemental benefits from Social Security?
23. Can I get disability payments even though I do charity work?
I don't get paid. But I enjoy helping others as much as I can.
24. My wife's father is now legally blind. He is already getting
Social Security payments each month. Can he now get Disability
25. I don't have a computer. Can I apply for my benefits by
phone? Or my mail?
26. My father is blind. His brother is nearly crippled with
multiple sclerosis. Can they get the same amount of Disability
benefits even if they live in the same house?
27. What's the difference between a Reconsideration and a
'hearing' regarding my claims denial?
28. I'm getting over $1,000 each month from Disability. But I'm
bored and want to work part time. Will I lose that money?
Survivor Benefit Questions
29. My husband died recently. He was only 47 but he was getting
total disability benefits. Can I get any of his Social Security
benefits if I don't remarry?
30. What if your husband commits suicide-can you still collect a
pension as a widow? I'm only 58 by the way.
31. I have two kids who are about to enter college. Their father
passed away 3 years ago. They've been getting survivor's
benefits. What special forms do I need to fill out for them to
continue to get benefits when they are in college?
32. My wife died two years ago. She was the bread-winner in our
family. I still have young children to raise. Ill. be 60 next
month. When can I combine my widower's benefits with my
33. My mother and father were going to get a divorce just before
he died. They were not living together at the time. Is she
entitled to both her social security AND a widow's pension? She
really needs the money.
34. My ex-husband remarried then passed away. We had a daughter
together. Who should contact the Social Security Administration
regarding our daughter's survivor benefits? By the way, she is
still under age. (16.)
35. I am a young mother. I have 3 kids. My husband died in a
motorcycle accident 3 months ago. Can I get help from Social
Security for all three kids?
36. My kids are getting survivor benefits from my ex-husband's
death. He did remarry. He was only married for 3 years before he
died. My question is, who gets the widow's benefits? Me or his
new wife. I was married to him for 17 years.
37. I want to marry a man whose wife died 7 years ago. They had
three daughters. The kids get Social Security benefits. Will
that stop if I marry him? I don't want to adopt those girls.
38. I'm only 36 years old. My husband was twice my age when he
died. He was a wonderful man. But he was on total disability.
Can I collect his Social Security?
39. I was married to two different men for over 12 years each.
Both are now dead. Can I collect a widow's benefit from both
40. My husband died and I've been collect his death benefits
since then. Now I want to get married again to a younger man.
Can I still collect benefits from my deceased husband?
41. I've been a widow for almost 30 years. My husband died after
only 3 years of marriage. He was a captain in the Marines. Can I
still apply for widow's benefits? Medicare Questions
42. I married a younger man. I'm now 66 years old and my health
is not good. My husband doesn't want to put me on his insurance
at his work. How to I go about getting Medicare?
Survivor's Benefits Questions
43. My mother lives in the basement of our house. I buy all of
her food and give her extra money to spend. She's 65 but she has
never worked. Can I buy her Medicare or Medicaid in my state of
44. What's the difference between Medicare Part A and Medicare
45. I'm 60 years old and I only work part time. I make less than
$15,000 a year. Don't I qualify for some kind of assistance to
help pay for Medicare? Spouse's Benefits Questions
46. My second marriage lasted only 13 months. I want to apply
for benefits from my first marriage of 22 years? Is that
47. Should I take a disability on my account when I retire next
year or take a retroactive check on my husband's account? He
died last year.
48. I've been divorced for three years. I will soon be 62 years
old. My health is pretty good. Can I get benefits based on my
49. I've only been married one year to my husband. I live in New
York. Ill. be 61 next month. Can I get some type of benefits
even though I've only been married one year?
50. I want to get married again. Does it matter if my ex-husband
is still alive?
51. My ex-husband went on to marry three more times. Who gets
the spousal benefits when we all turn 60?
52. I have lived with my boyfriend for 14 years. In my state I
think we would qualify for a common-law marriage. Can I apply
for spousal benefits when we retire?
53. Can my mom collect spouse's benefits before she turns 60? My
dad died 14 years ago.
54. I was a housewife for the last 20 years. I have not work at
all since we got married. I'm worried about whether or not I can
get Social Security Spouse's benefits. How does that work?
55. My husband won't help me. We don't live together any more.
Can I collect spouse's benefits from Social Security? I'm 63 and
56. My ex-husband is 62 but he refused to file for Social
Security benefits. We've been divorced for 3 years. Does that
mean I cannot collect spouse's benefits?
57. Should I wait until we are both 62 in order to divorce and
then collect the larger amount of money? I want out of this
marriage but I don't want to hurt my spouse's benefits due to
me. We were married for 33 years.
58. Is it true that I can collect on my ex-spouse's Social
Security benefits? We were divorced 12 years ago. I need help
with bills because I can only work part time. What age do I have
59. I have been living with a man for 32 years. His wife
abandoned him a year before I met him, but he never legally
divorced her. We don't know where she is. Is she legally
entitled to spouse's benefits, or can I get them?
60. My wife was divorced years before I met her. When we
married, she keep using her ex-husband's last name on official
records. I was stupid for not insisting on the change. She was a
feminist and I thought it was cute. But now its causing us
trouble with the Social Security Administration. How do we get
this resolved? They want proof of everything? We gave them proof
but they still refuse to give her spousal benefits. Help????
Spousal Benefits Questions
61. I haven't seen my husband in 30 years. I heard that he died
last year. Can I collect spousal benefits even though we never
62. I'm 60 years old. I want to marry a man who was married
three times already? How long do I wait Spouse's benefits? Do
all 4 of us get spouse's benefits?
63. My wonderful husband is a French citizen. He's been living
and working in the US as a legal alien for 15 years. Can he get
Social Security because he's worked for so long and hard?
Questions Regarding Children
64. My daughter is 16. My husband is 67. I am 62 years old. My
daughter wants to get a job after school. Will her after school
job interfere with the benefits we get from Social Security?
65. I'm a new single mom. Can I get help from Social Security
with my child?
66. My son has a learning disability. It's holding him back in
school. He will be 20 when he graduates. Can he collect survivor
benefits until then because his father died a few years ago?
67. We want to adopt our nephew. He's a good kid. His parents
died in a car crash 4 years ago. If we adopt him, will his
Social Security benefits end?
68. When my mom died last year she was receiving benefit
payments from Social Security. I'm still in school- College. Can
I get those payments transferred to me?
69. If I get divorced, will my kids lose their Social Security
70. Who gets the money if the mother dies? The father, the
step-father, or the Grandparent where child spends most of his
71. We had a child together before my boyfriend died. We were
going to get married just a week after he passed away. How can I
get Social Security benefits for this child?
72. Will my stepchildren stop getting benefits if we divorce? I
cannot stand my husband, but I love his kids.
73. I have two grandchildren and one great-grandchild who lives
with me. How can I get disability and social security benefits
for all of them?
74. My sister is my legal guardian. I'm suppose to get $15,000
of back money from the death of my father years ago. I'm also
suppose to get $900 a month. But my sister won't allow me to
touch the money. This is not fair. What can I do?
75. My husband is disabled. My son and stepson need to receive
money from his benefits. How can I do this? Can his stepson also
76. How long can I get benefits if I go to college? Questions
about Applying For Benefits
77. Is there a time limit for getting benefits retroactive?
78. Can I collect Social Security at age 60? Or do I have to
wait till I'm 62?
79. I own my own business and want to retire soon. Do I need to
do anything special to prove that I did not make much from this
80. My husband just died last month. How soon do I need to apply
81. How old before I get full benefits?
Questions Regarding Children
82. My parents were stationed in Germany when I was born. My
birth certificate is in German. Will I have trouble when I apply
for social security?
83. Can I get more benefits if I served in the military?
84. Do I have to live in the USA to get my benefit checks sent
to me? Questions About Benefit Payments
85. Can I apply for a cost-of-living increase to get my payments
bumped up? If so, by how much?
86. How do I find out how much money Social Security owes me?
87. I was injured at work. I'm going to get a huge worker's
compensation check. Will that interfere with my social security
88. I've been collecting Social Security for 3 years. But I just
got a part time job. How will that affect my SSI payment? And
what about Medicare?
89. My husband worked for the government for 30 years. Will his
federal pension prevent me from collecting Social Security?
90. I think I can get retirement benefits on my account and my
deceased ex-husbands account. Is that true, or do I have to
choose one above the other?
91. Can I get severance pay and social security as a woman at
the same time?
92. Who gets more money the wife or the ex-wife?
93. I recently moved and I haven't gotten checks for 3 months.
How do I straighten this out?
94. I cannot find a job right now. But I need to. I'm just one
quarter away from getting all my benefits. What can I do?
95. My ex-husband died. What if I collect a large amount of
money from an insurance claim on the death of my ex-husband?
Will this take away from my monthly check?
96. I don't think I qualify for Social Security, but I really
need help paying the rent. Who do I contact for a housing
97. I just started getting $987 a month from Social Security...
do I have to pay taxes on that?
98. How much does Social Security owe me?
99. I want a lump-sum payment when my spouse dies, how do I get
100. Is there a way to NOT pay taxes on my Social Security
Benefits? Disability Questions
As you can see from the questions above...The Citizen's
Guide To Social Security, Medicare And Other Government
Entitlements gives you the answers. Is perhaps the only
guidebook you'll ever need to get all the money coming to you
from the Government. Fast.